Various cultures have been using extra products in their baths for centuries. Presently, bath salts, bath bombs, and several other products are on the market that you can mix with your bath water. However, you really don’t need these expensive products in order to have a relaxing, cleansing bath. One of the easiest ways to have a detox bath at home is by simply having a ginger bath.
A bath with ginger can help with digestion. Ginger is known for its pro-digestion properties; ginger-ale is consumed by many to aid it.
Ginger slightly raises the body’s temperature and thus helps burn calories.
Eases Flu and Cold Symptoms
Ginger’s properties can also help relieve certain flu and cold symptoms like aches and pains.
- Relieves headaches
- Can treat diarrhea
- Assists with blood pressure
- Can lower cholesterol
How Does a Ginger Bath Lead to a Healthier Body?
Ginger promotes sweating, and sweating is the body’s natural way of cleansing itself of toxins. Ginger works especially well in the bath because the warm water opens the pores. This allows the ginger to act more aggressively, entering the body at a faster pace.
This is also why a sauna is such a good way to cleanse the body. In fact, taking a bath with ginger is an excellent substitute for a steam sauna.
Making a homemade ginger bath is not that difficult. Simply grind a piece of ginger and add to your warm bath water.
Ginger products for the bath can also be purchased from retailers everywhere.
If you don’t want to make your own bath bomb, there are plenty of options available for purchase.
- Naturopathica Ginger Root Bath & Body Oil: This product is meant to be applied like a lotion to the body while in the bath. It comes in a 125 ml bottle. Its primary ingredients are ginger and lemongrass.
- Goop G. Day Ginger & Ashwagandha Energy Body Wash: While technically not a ginger bath, this product will still provide all its benefits. It’s a body wash that contains ginger. Combined with its other ingredients, this product promotes health in all parts of the mind and body.
- Origins Ginger Float Cream Bubble Bath: If bubbles are your thing, this is the product for you. This bubble bath product has added ginger for all the health benefits of a ginger bomb. It is designed to relieve muscle tension and provide energy.
- Aromatherapy Associates De-Stress Muscle Gel: This product, which contains ginger, lavender, rosemary and black pepper essential oils, goes a step beyond other shower gels. You’ll feel the benefits of this gel long after you’ve stepped out of the tub. You’ll be able to bring the relaxing atmosphere of your bath to your bedroom.
Whether you decide to make your own product or purchase one, you will be experiencing the benefits of a bath with ginger in no time. You’ll feel refreshed, relaxed and like a new person after each bath.