The protein found in a product called royal jelly, honey bee protein, might exert anti-aging effects on the human body, and offers a range of health benefits.
What Is Royal Jelly?
This product is a thick, sticky liquid-like substance made by bees designed to nourish larvae laid by queen bees. Due to the perceived nutritional and health benefits associated with royal jelly, the product has been harvested and processed for human consumption and is often sold as a dietary supplement. Moreover, it is an ingredient in the commonly consumed product known as honey.
The Health Benefits of Royal Jelly Protein
There are many different health benefits that can be found in royal jelly protein.
In addition to a high protein concentration, the substance is believed to contain significant quantities of other vital nutrients. These elements include carbohydrates, water, fatty acids and various classifications of the Vitamin B complex (including niacin, riboflavin, thiamine and folic acid).
Other properties and benefits found within the protein are:
- Anti-Inflammation Properties –Royal jelly contains substances scientifically categorized as polyphenols. Polyphenols are among a group of chemicals classified as antioxidants. These substances play an integral role in helping the body fight injury and disease.Exposure to various environmental toxins and allergens may subject the human body to a process known as oxidative stress. During this process, potentially harmful atoms labeled free radicals circulate throughout the body and damage cells and tissues. Such occurrences precipitate systemic inflammation that could result in physical injuries. However, when free radical circulation is severe enough or left unchecked over extended durations, the process can ultimately lead to more serious internal organ damage and potentially serious ailments like immune system disorders, diabetes, cardiovascular problems and various kinds of cancer.
- Wound-Healing Properties – The antioxidants found in royal jelly are thought to accelerate the healing process. Wounds or other skin damage are said to dissipate and be less susceptible to the onset of infection when treated with royal jelly.
- Reduced Blood Pressure – Researchers opine that certain proteins contained within royal jelly may contribute to decreasing blood pressure. Chronically elevated blood pressure could precipitate the development of various cardiovascular ailments like heart attacks, strokes and blood vessel damage.
- Immune System Strengthening – The antioxidants royal jelly is comprised of could eliminate potential disease-causing toxins from permeating the body, thus strengthening the immune system’s capabilities.
- Cognitive- and Mental-Health-Elevating Properties – Studies have shown that individuals who consume royal jelly may notice improved cognitive functions such as memory and concentration, as well as fewer incidents of anxiety and depression.
The Connection Between Royal Jelly and the Anti-Aging Process
In recent times, the substance has garnered attention for its potential to slow the aging process. Products containing royal jelly have gained popularity for their ability to improve the appearance of aging individuals.
Royal jelly is thought to stimulate systemic production of a chemical known as collagen. This substance can exert significantly positive effects on human skin including the elimination or reduction in the appearance of wrinkles, as well as fostering a shiny, more colorful look.
Finding Royal Jelly Products
The product is readily available for purchase online and at various nutritional supplement retailers.
Proper Usage of Royal Jelly
For the most part, the medical community claims that the product is safe to use. However, since royal jelly is a bee byproduct, those who are allergic to bee stings should exercise caution when using it. If it is taken for therapeutic purposes, appropriate dosages should be discussed with one’s healthcare provider.